Summer is here and what it means for students and their parents or guardian it where will I be going to study in the fall? We have compiled a complete list of all courses at TUT 2019
We want to use this opportunity to introduce to you one of the best technology universities in South Africa.
The tshwane university of technology, popularly known as TUT.
List of TUT courses would be our main focus as we believe you would be interested in attending this prestigious university as a student or send your kids to as a parent.
Tut courses are well planned to give their students an edge over others in their chosen career.
Before we go into the list of courses in tut, we will give you a brief history of this prestigious university so you can have an idea what tut stands for.
Tut was established on the 1st of January 2004.
Tut became a reality through the merger of three universities of technologies.
These universities are Technology university of northern Gauteng,university of northwest and technology university of Pretoria.
The university has more than 800000 students.
TUT has 9 campuses and 7 faculties.Namely, Arcadia Campus, Arts Campus, Pretoria Campus, Ga-Rankuwa Campus and the North and South Campuses in Soshanguve.
Tut is also the largest contact university in the whole of south Africa.
ListOf All Courses At TUT
For easier understanding,we will list the TUT courses under their respective faculties.
Faculty of Humanities
The faculty of humanities comprises of courses such as
- Public management
- Applied languages
- Safety and security
- Integrated communication
- School of education.
These are courses you can find in the faculty of humanities.
Faculty of Art
TUT courses in this faculty are.
- Drama and film.
- Entertainment technology.
- Fashion design and technology art.
- Performing art
- Visual communication.
The cultural diversity of its students have helped the faculty become a world of cultural experience.
The faculty of art at TUT have the best equipped studio and some of the best facilities you can find anywhere in the world.
Faculty Of Economics And Finance
This faculty has a two point focus. Focus on the engagement to the business environment and service to it as well.
Students in this faculty are given quality and challenging education meant to prepare them for the competitive business world with the continent of Africa and beyond.
The education provided would make any potential students meet the requirements of employers and major player in business and financial world.
Here are the TUT courses in economics and finance.
- Managerial Accounting and finance.
- Public sector Accounting.
Faculty Of Management Sciences
This faculty cater to the needs of students with an interest in hospitality management,office management,entrepreneurship,people management as well as tourism management among others.
Studies are tailored to suit the ever changing labour market.
Below are the TUT courses within this faculty.
- People management and development
- Hospitality management
- Tourism management
- Business and information management service
- Business school
- Operation management
- Management and Entrepreneurship.
- Sports management,supply chain and marketing.
Faculty of information and communication technology.
We recognize the importance of information technology in the development of the continent of Africa.
Tut faculty of information and communication technology are committed to producing well rounded, well trained graduates capable of becoming major players in information and communication technology sector.
Here are the list of TUT courses within this faculty.
- Computer science
- Computer systems engineering
- Information technology.
Faculty of engineering and the built environment.
TUT recognises the fact that the industrial challenges of the continent falls on the shoulders of engineers.
TUT is committed to producing students who have the ability to confront these industrial challenges.
These are the courses in this faculty.
- Electrical engineering
- Building science
- Industrial engineering
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical,mechatronics and industrial design.
- Chemical and materials engineering.
TUT can boast of having one of the largest science facilities as well as one of the largest numbers of courses in the continent.
The science faculty was created to cater to the needs of the environment and the whole continent.
TUT courses in the science faculty are
- Animal science
- Adelaide Tambo school of nursing science.
- Biomedical science.
- Biotechnology and food technology.
- Crop science.
- Environmental science.
- Environmental, water and earth sciences.
- Mathematics and statistics
- Nature conservation
- Pharmaceutical science
- Sport, Rehabilitation and Dental science.
There you have it. TUT courses are tailored to accommodate all fields of sturdy.
HOW To Track Your TuT application status.
We know that now you have an idea of what TUT is all about and the courses available to you, you would apply to study here.
After applying the next thing is to monitor or track your application status.
We are here to give you some guidelines on how to do this.
As a parent or guardian or even as a student, it is normal to feel anxious about your application.
Hence the need to track your application status.
We have highlighted a two – point step to assist you keep track of your application into TUT. Here they are
- Visit the university website. The world is now a global village. You don’t need to travel all the way to the university to know the status of your application. Simply use your smartphone or personal computer with an active Internet connection. Log into the university website.
- Use your personal details to check your application status. After logging into the university website,enter the identification number you were given when you applied initially. You can also use your student number to view your application status.
- If you don’t have the above details, you can type your surname,first name and your birth date on the search space provided and click the submit icon displayed on the screen.
Tut would give you a memorable experience that you will share with the younger generation for years to come. GOODLUCK as you make your way to TUT.